Thursday, February 11, 2010

23 Days!!!!

Only 23 days until my FIRST half marathon! If you had asked me a year ago to run 13.1 miles I would of laughed in your face. Not that I'm actually going to run the full 13.1 there will be some walking going on but my goal is to have fun and finish. I know I can do that! I decided to take up running, um, joggerwalking or whatever you'd like to call it around my 38th birthday. Getting close to 40 will do that to you. I ran my first 5K December 7, 2008 and have been hooked ever since. I actually ran the entire time and did a respectable 36:49 for a first timer. Since then I've ran in eight other 5K's and one 5 mile race. It gives me something to work for... a goal and it feels good to run across that finish line hearing people cheer... even if it's not for me, a girl can use her imagination right? There have been a few times that kids and hubby accompany me to the races and there is nothing like having your children see you finish. Their big smiles and screams of "run mommy!". I want to be an example to my children that they can do whatever they set their mind to and that nothing is unattainable if you try. After this half marathon I plan on trying to attain my new goal.... A 5K under 30 minutes! I know I can do it if I push myself a little harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment